Date: Dates to be announced
Time: (8:30am registration) 9:00am – 5:00pm
Session cost for Speech Pathologists: $429.00 AUD
Session cost for Student Speech Pathologists: $279.00 AUD
Working with children and adolescents with ADHD can be extremely challenging but extremely rewarding.
This workshop is designed as an overview for speech pathologists, to learn about ADHD in the context of paediatric speech pathology in a fun and engaging way.
You will also receive printables and resources you can use in your next clinical, school or home appointments.
This workshop will cover:
- What is ADHD – really?
- The executive function model of ADHD and how this impacts communication, assessment and intervention.
- Gender differences and similarities in ADHD
- To be able to identify a child with ADHD in the clinical setting.
- Summaries of the current evidence for speech, language, literacy, voice, fluency and pragmatics in children with ADHD.
- Principles of clinical practice necessary to support children and adolescents with ADHD in the clinic, home and school settings.
- ADHD in the context of family functioning and how this impacts your intervention.
- Strategies for setting homework for children and adolescents with ADHD.
- Considerations when assisting in the formulation of IEP’s for children and adolescents with ADHD.
Who can attend
Registrants must be speech pathologists or student speech pathologists.
Ms Linda Baker (BAppSc SpPath CPSP, MSPA) is the owner and founder of ADHD Done Differently, which provides education, resources and advocacy for children and adolescents with ADHD.
Linda is also a Clinical Lead Senior Speech Pathologist in a busy and thriving private speech pathology practice in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia.
Linda has worked as a speech pathologist for 20 years in the public and private sectors, with a passion of advocating for and achieving the best outcomes for children and adolescents with ADHD. She also has over 12 years of experience being a Mum to three miraculous neurodiverse children.
Previous Speech Pathologist’s feedback
“I enjoyed learning from Linda’s experience’s as a mother, speech pathologist and her integrating EBP and most recent research”
“Thank you so so much, this has made a huge impact on my clinical confidence in this clinical population.”
“I learned SO much and knowing all the background to ADHD will definitely help me to provide better services to my clients”
“Your PD has altered my way of thinking around ADHD a lot. I think I will be more creative, patient and understanding in my sessions with children who have ADHD and I will be more supportive of their parents.”
“The range of information and engaging nature of the presentation! Loved all the little in between activities like the movement breaks and voting games.”
“I loved the fact that Linda had experience of working with children with ADHD from two different perspectives: 1) as a clinician 2) as a mum of 3 beautiful children with ADHD”
“The information surrounding the complexities of ADHD and giving language to support families and children. Practical strategies to support these children with empathy were also amazing!”
“Mixture of theoretical learning around ADHD diagnosis and presentation and practical strategies for SP practice. Linda is also +personable and explains information well.”
To Register your interest complete the form below