Venue: TBA (In the Newcastle/Lake Macquarie region of NSW, Australia)
Time: 9am – 4:30pm
Session cost for Speech Pathologists: $249.00-$299.00 AUD
Session cost for Student Speech Pathologists: $189.00 AUD
Working with children and adolescents with ADHD can be extremely challenging but extremely rewarding. This workshop is designed as an overview for speech pathologists, to learn about ADHD in the context of paediatric speech pathology.
This workshop will cover:
- What is ADHD and what does it have to do with speech pathology?
- The executive function model of ADHD and how this impacts on communication, assessment and intervention.
- Gender differences and similarities in ADHD
- Summaries of the current evidence for speech, language, literacy, voice, fluency and pragmatics in children with ADHD.
- Strategies to support children and adolescents with ADHD in the clinic, home and school settings.
- Strategies for setting homework for children and adolescents with ADHD.
- Considerations when assisting in the formulation of IEP’s for children and adolescents with ADHD.
Who can attend
Registrants must be speech pathologists or student speech pathologists.
Ms Linda Baker BApSc(SpPath) CPSP. is the owner and founder of ADHD Done Differently, which provides education, resources and advocacy for children and adolescents with ADHD.
Linda is also a Senior Speech Pathologist at a busy and thriving private speech pathology practice in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia.
Linda has worked as a speech pathologist for 20 years in the public and private sectors, with a passion of advocating for and achieving the best outcomes for children and adolescents with ADHD. She also has over 11 years experience being a Mum to three miraculous neurodiverse children.
If you are interested in attending the workshop, please complete the form below. You will be updated when registration is available.